We were getting a bunch of 2032 errors from a URLLoader that was trying to access a web server we'd set up. It caused us real headaches because it was working for an old service we had setup but not this new one. The calls weren't even leaving the device which we had to prove with a Fiddler proxy.
After a while, we decided re-built the app with AIR 18 just in case. Turns out in iOS 9, Apple stopped you being able to use non-secure connections, meaning we need to just put an SSL certificate on our web service and it'll work fine with AIR 20 builds.
Long story short, if you're using AIR 20 and connecting to a HTTP back end, make sure it's using HTTPS or you will have problems.